AN ATTEMPT TO CHARACTERIZE, ANTHROPOMORPHIZE AND OTHERWISE DESCRIBE EVENTS AS THEY PERTAIN TO THE BOSTON RED SOX AND THE GAME OF BASEBALL. IN EFFECT, HERE TO TAKE YOU OUT TO A FEW BALLGAMES.

Thursday, April 3, 2008

A Good Start

3-1 is an acceptable start. I haven't been able to catch the games with the events and timing of the past few days, but it seems like we're playing well. Ortiz came out of his struggles for a moment; I'm a little concerned Ellsbury was benched with his recent struggles at the plate. But it's still real early to analyze too much.

One thing that has been pleasant lately is to be talking baseball again. Either through banter with a Yankee fan or on the Atlanta Braves season outlook, baseball is back. I've missed the discussion that always pervades the hours between games. And I've drafted a decent fantasy team as well, thus increasing my enjoyment for the season only in its infancy.

Baseball is back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not too concerned as yet with Ellsbury or Ortiz. It is a long season and things have a way of balancing out. But I will not wait too long on the Red Sox to pick up Bonds, if Manny, Ellsbury, Crisp or Ortiz crash and burn.